Syrian Army Bombs 'Safe Zones' Killing Civilians

Remigio Civitarese
Agosto 12, 2017

An explosion hit an opposition gathering near the Syria-Jordan border on Friday, killing at least 23 fighters and wounding dozens more, a war monitor and an activist said.

Another rebel spokesman said the army gains were helped by a sudden pull-back by Jaish al-Ashair rebel group, which is backed by Jordan and had been responsible for patrolling that stretch of the border. "Dozens were wounded, including 20 in critical condition", said Observatory head Rami Abdel Rahman.

The attack was not claimed in the immediate future, but jihadists linked to the group islamic State (IS) have already attacked the rebels in the south of Syria.

This is published unedited from the IANS feed.

A woman, a man and a child were killed and seven more people were wounded in shelling on a town of Hammuriyeh in Eastern Ghouta area near the capital Damascus, SOHR said.

Parts of southern Syria make up one zone.

The post-borders of Nasib, called Jaber jordanian side, is located in the province of dara'a, conquered by rebel groups in April 2015.

The fourth zone, in northwestern Idlib province, has yet to be implemented.

Sweida province was not included in a US-Russian brokered ceasefire that took effect in nearby areas of the southwest in July.

The Syrian conflict began when the Baath regime, in power since 1963 and led by President Bashar al-Assad, responded with military force to peaceful protests demanding democratic reforms during the Arab Spring wave of uprisings, triggering an armed rebellion fuelled by mass defections from the Syrian army.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE