Attack in Barcelona, Spain; 13 reported dead

Remigio Civitarese
Agosto 19, 2017

Moussa is the younger brother of Driss Oukabir, who was originally named as the suspect.

Spanish media is reporting that one suspect has been arrested in the barcelona attack that killed ad many as 13 people and injured scores more.

Oukabir, Said Aallaa, Mohamed Hychami and Younes Abouyaaqoub were listed as wanted men in connection with the attacks, according to a document confirmed as valid by a Spanish police union official speaking to the AP.

On Thursday, at 04:50 local time, a white van rammed into people, on Las Ramblas.

All four suspects in the Barcelona terror attack have been shot dead, El Pais newspaper reported on Friday.

The key suspect was 17-year-old Moussa Oukabir. Most of the other suspects were Moroccan.

He was arrested in Ripoll, north of Barcelona, earlier today on suspicion of hiring the van used in the attack.

Police said that the attackers were carrying knives and wearing fake suicide vests when they were shot.

Police official Josep Lluis Trapero said the blast was related to the Barcelona attack and that those in the house were attempting to "prepare an explosive device".

Two men, including Driss Oukabir, were arrested in Ripoll, while one person has been arrested in Alcanar, 200 kilometres southwest along the coast from Barcelona.

However, he reportedly handed himself in after seeing his photo on the news and has denied any involvement in the attack and told police his documents had been stolen by his brother.

Eight hours later, an Audi A3 was dark on the walk from the seafront in Cambrils, 120 km south of Barcelona, killing one woman and injuring civilians and a police officer. Catalan police said they believed the incident to be linked to the earlier van attack.

Although ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attacks, saying its soldiers carried out the attack, it didn't provide any evidence to back up their claim.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE