Catalan president warns Spain attack suspect still at large

Remigio Civitarese
Agosto 19, 2017

Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan offered his condolences to Spain's King Felipe on Thursday following the attacks which he said "showed the brutal face of terrorism once again".

Gunfire ensued during which police killed the five attackers.

The mayor of Ripoll, Jordi Munell, has told Catalonia's TV3 channel that Driss Oukabir was arrested when he was on his way to the police station in Ripoll to report that his ID card had been stolen. Spanish media said several children were killed.

The death toll in the terror attacks in Spain rose to 14 Friday after a woman injured in a seaside resort died - while authorities hunt for an 18-year-old man suspected of driving the van that plowed into pedestrians in Barcelona.

A French security official also confirmed Spanish police are looking for a Kangoo utility vehicle rented by suspects in the Barcelona attacks that may have crossed into France.

It said seven people were injured by the suspects, two seriously.

A second attempted attack was thwarted when police killed five attackers who attempted to run over a crowd in Cambrils, in the Tarragona province.

Jared Tucker and his wife, Heidi Nunes, were visiting Barcelona for their first wedding anniversary. The elder Tucker said that "everybody loved him".

Trapero said the country's law enforcement agencies were still trying to identify some of the men who had carried out the fatal attacks, the latest in a series of deadly terrorist assaults across Europe that have also hit Berlin, London and Paris and others. The attack was claimed by the organization, the jihadist islamic State.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE