Paul Hollywood says new Great British Bake Off was nerve-wracking

Brunilde Fioravanti
Agosto 19, 2017

And the BBC has been accused of "nicking" celebrity hosts, such as Claudia Winkleman and Sara Cox, from Love Productions, the company behind GBBO, in an alleged act of sabotage.

The Great British Bake Off 2017 start date was confirmed last week, with Channel 4's version airing on Tuesday nights.

Alongside the main show, Great British Bake Off spin-off An Extra Slice will also move to Channel 4.

An insider told the Sun newspaper: "The sheer arrogance of it all is astonishing".

The UK based firm, who are the masterminds behind the popular cooking show, believe the broadcaster deliberately stole Claudia Winkleman - who presented their other series "The Great British Sewing Bee" - for the BBC's new programme "Britain's Best Cook" after they made a decision to cut ties with the channel at the end of previous year.

"Not only has the BBC effective ripped off Love formats and made their own, they are stonewalling existing shows that have been good for ratings for them".

"There's a view in the industry that the BBC is acting out of spite and not in the best interest of the licence fee payer".

And Sara Cox, who presented The Great Pottery Throwdown for both series, is to take over hosting duties on BBC2 series Back In Time For Tea.

The future of Love production Bake Off: Creme de la Creme is also uncertain.

'Sewing Bee and Pottery Throwdown have both done really well but now their hosts have both been nicked for other BBC shows'.

National treasure Mary famously quit when the programme left for Channel 4 with Prue Leigh taking over as judge.

Apparently without the hosting talent in place, negotiations for new series of the sewing and pottery shows have now stalled.

They went further speculating 'Love have a lot riding on moving Bake Off to Channel 4 and are clearly feeling the heat'.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE