Black man beaten in Charlottesville turns self in on warrant

Remigio Civitarese
Октября 13, 2017

The Charlottesville Police Department says Harris turned himself in around 8:30 a.m. Thursday.

A third man was arrested in connection to the beating on Wednesday.

On Monday, a magistrate in Charlottesville issued a warrant charging Harris with unlawful wounding in the violence at the parking garage. He was served the warrant charging him with unlawful wounding.

The attorney said Mr Harris, a former special-education instruction assistant, suffered a concussion, a knee injury and a fractured wrist. His head wound is pictured left.

Three men, Daniel Borden, Alex Ramos and Jacob Goodwin have been charged in connection with the beating.

On today's date, a warrant was issued for Deandre Shakur Harris (B/M; 20 years of age; resident of Suffolk, Virginia) in relation to an assault that occurred on August 12th in the area of the East Market Street parking garage. Harold Ray Crews, who identifies himself online as an attorney and "Southern Nationalist", has alleged that Harris injured him during the brawl.

Mr Harris surrendered on Thursday a day after police charged a man identified as Jacob Scott Goodwin, 22, in connection with the auto park brawl.

News of Harris's charge and the issuance of an arrest warrant by a local magistrate surprised many activists, including the Charlottesville police department.

Daniel Borden, 18, of OH, and Alex Michael Ramos, 33, of Georgia, were also charged with malicious wounding last month in connection with the attack.

At the rally, 32-year-old Heather Heyer was killed when a vehicle struck a crowd of counter protesters.

The demonstrators gathered near the same statue of Confederate General Robert E Lee that was at the centre of the August deadly clashes.

Altre relazioni

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE

ULTIME NOTIZIE

ALTRE NOTIZIE