Jailed for life for murder of her girlfriend

Remigio Civitarese
Ottobre 13, 2017

Becky Reid aged 34 of Hayward Road, Atherton was found guilty of the murder of Lyndsey Vaux, and assault relating to another woman, aged 37, after a trial at Manchester Crown Court and was sentenced to life imprisonment with a minimum term of twenty years.

Ms Vaux died in Platt Bridge, Wigan on 22 May 2016, malnourished and severely injured following years of beatings by Reid, the court heard.

"Ultimately, the main aggressor was her partner, who she had all the trust in the world with", he said.

Gillian Reid was handed a 12 month suspended prison sentence for assault.

Haunting CCTV footage shows show the awful state a battered girlfriend was left in after she was starved, beaten and abused by her lesbian lover.

Judge Mansell told her although she had been cleared of murder she bore a "significant degree of moral blame" for Miss Vaux's death.

She then returned home, where she was beaten to death.

The court had earlier heard that Ms Vaux had a child and lots of friends in Stockport before she started seeing Reid in 2009.

After her death neighbours and local shopkeepers in the area came forward to say that she was regularly seen being attacked.

At the time of her death, Lyndsey had 90 identifiable external injuries on her body - which Becky Reid preposterously put down to the victim's frequently falling over due to a thyroid problem and her refusal to take medication.

In the months before her death on May 22 previous year, Ms Vaux appeared downtrodden, malnourished, hungry and thirsty. Becky told paramedics that her partner had "just collapsed".

But despite offers of help and police being alerted by anxious friends and locals, Lyndsey would protect her violent girlfriend and falsely claim she had been in accident or been attacked by someone else and no action was taken against Reid.

During the five years that the young mum was in a same sex relationship with Becky Reid, she sustained an appalling catalogue of injuries, including multiple fractures, none of which was ever treated at hospital.

She attacked Lyndsey, punching and kicking her as she lay on the pavement, before dragging her into the house.

Speaking after today's hearing, investigating officer Bob Tonge said 'Lyndsey Vaux was subjected to years of horrific domestic abuse at the hands of her girlfriend, and no decision made here today can bring her back.

He also said some neighbours "knew about this abuse and did nothing", adding: "We all have a responsibility to stand up to this kind of crime".

'My thoughts are with Lyndsey's family at this hard time, and I hope this sentence goes some way to finding them justice'.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE