Victoria police offer $6 million reward to catch serial killer

Remigio Civitarese
Ottobre 21, 2017

A reward of up to $1 million will be paid at the discretion of the Chief Commissioner of Police for information leading to the apprehension and subsequent conviction of the person or persons responsible for the abduction and murder of each victim.

The first victim, 59-year-old Allison Rooke, was planning to catch a bus to the shops when she was last seen leaving her Frankstown North on May 30, 1980.

Her body was discovered in Frankston by a man walking his dogs in scrubland near McClelland Drive on 5 July, 1980.

In a hope to catch a serial killer who took the lives of six women Victoria Police have offered $6 million worth of rewards.

Victims were aged between 14 and 73 years when they died and the series of killings became known as the Tynong North murders and police are still searching for the offender, the ABC reported.

At the time of disappearance, each victim was on foot and did not have access to a motor vehicle, with the majority intending to travel on public transport.

Bertha Miller, 73, left her Glen Iris home to catch a tram to attend Wesleyan Methodist Church in Prahran on August 10, 1980.

The bodies of all victims had been left in scrubland, and efforts were made by the offender to hide their location and their identity.

Catherine Headland, 14, was last seen leaving her boyfriend's house in Berwick on August 28, 1980 to catch a bus to Fountain Gate shopping centre in Narre Warren.

Their personal belongings had also been removed.

All three women's bodies were located after a group of men found human remains near a quarry in Tynong North on December 6, 1980.

"When eventually her body was found, because of the way the investigation has got to go, it tears families apart, it puts a lot of pressure on families and you have to make a very conscious effort to get over that, and move on", Mr Rooke said.

Over the years, investigators have spoken to over 2000 people in relation to the murders and a number of persons of interest were identified.

Case detectives were never been able to identify who that man was but say they are working on a theory that picks him as the offender.

On 29 November, 1980 34-year-old Narumol Stephenson was last seen outside a friend's home in Park Street, Brunswick in the early hours of the morning.

A new taskforce was establish in 1998, but no-one has ever charged over the deaths.

The offender tried to hide their identities by taking personal items, and left their bodies in dense bush at Frankston, in bayside Melbourne, and at Tynong North, south-east of Melbourne.

Joy Carmel Summers, 55, was last seen at a bus stop in Frankston on October 9, 1981.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE