Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Leaves 1 Dead, 5 Stricken on Moultrie Street

Remigio Civitarese
Dicembre 7, 2017

- An elderly woman was spared but her husband died early Thursday morning after a carbon monoxide release in Bernal Heights after a problem with a water heater, according to the San Francisco Fire Department.

"The residents in the upper unit heard their Carbon dioxide detector go off", said San Francisco Fire spokesman Jonathan Baxter.

At 4:26 a.m., the San Francisco Fire Department responded to a call at 301 Moultrie Street, near Eugenia Avenue, after a carbon monoxide detector went off in an upper unit of the building. "They were also experiencing symptoms of Carbon dioxide exposure so they called 911". He was pronounced dead at the scene, Baxter said.

Four residents on the upper level were able to get out and were treated at the scene.

Two people were rescued from a lower unit, and two other residents-one an elderly woman-was transported to a hospital in serious condition. The building had been cleared of Carbon dioxide and the residents were allowed to return to their home. Firefighters say the water heater was the most likely cause.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE