One-Year-Old Ingests Heroin, Rushed to Hospital

Modesto Morganelli
Dicembre 7, 2017

Edgardo Rodriguez, 20, admitted to taking heroin and being "high", and therefore unable to know how his one-year-old daughter got in contact with the drug on Saturday.

A one-year-old child is still being treated at the Children's Hospital at Montefiore after reportedly ingesting heroin from his father's stash.

"My kids were there". It made a mess'. It wasn't until three hours later that the child's grandmother noticed the baby was having trouble breathing. She was unresponsive by the time they arrived at St. Barnabas Hospital.

Rodriguez was charged with reckless endangerment, criminal possession of a controlled substance and endangering the welfare of a child.

She has now been transferred to Montefiore Medical Center and is being cared for in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.

The girl was given two doses of naloxone.

Police found a white powdery substance on the bed in the apartment, court records say, and at the hospital, Rodriguez handed over a bag of what he told police was heroin, Pix11 reported.

Two babies were left in critical condition after they ingested opioids in two separate incidents in The Bronx Friday and Saturday.

Her parents said they were walking on East 181st St. near Monterey Ave.at a little before midnight on Sunday, Dec. 3, when the 1-year-old picked up a plastic bag and put it in her mouth.

The girl was in her stroller on December 3 when her parents noticed the bag in her mouth. Later, she had a seizure.

The girl's mother said her daughter was "doing very good" but added that she couldn't discuss the case, reports the New York Daily News. The circumstances around how the girl came into contact with drugs remain under investigation, an NYPD spokeswoman said.

Both children are expected to survive, ABC7 reports. If you found this article interesting or informative, please consider sharing it with your friends and family.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE