Former Fox News contributor who settled sexual harassment lawsuit breaks confidentiality agreement

Brunilde Fioravanti
Dicembre 18, 2017

Tamara Holder, in response to Rupert Murdoch's comments that sexual harassment being an obstacle to Fox News is "nonsense", says he ruined her life. "That is not nonsense".

Murdoch suggested that Fox News had been the target of such allegations because of its conservative leanings.

Holder was responding to remarks made last week by Murdoch, the chairman of 21st Century Fox, which owns Fox News.

During an interview on the UK's Sky News channel last Thursday, Murdoch appeared to brush off the sexual misconduct allegations that have vexed the network. Sort of, over the years.

Holder responded to "fake facts" from Murdoch and said none of this is about politics. As soon as we investigated, he was out of the place in hours ... well, three or four days. "And there has been nothing else since then".

Murdoch's lack of reference to Bill O'Reilly's ouster in April, nine months after Ailes was sacked, for sexual harassment allegations has outraged activists and women's rights activists.

But there have been more allegations and firings since then, including the ouster of star commentator Bill O'Reilly as well as afternoon show host Eric Bolling, who was sacked last summer after allegedly sending lewd photographs and text messages to female colleagues.

Ailes, who died in May, resigned a year ago after anchor Gretchen Carlson sued him for harassment.

Other men have left Fox in connection to harassment scandals in the past year and a half.

A 21st Century Fox spokeswoman sought to counter the negative reaction with a lengthy explanation of Murdoch's intentions. It was widely interpreted as a damage control move.

Fox News parent company 21st Century Fox, in defending Murdoch's comments, noted that it has responded with serious consequences to sexual harassment allegations. By his actions, Rupert has made it abundantly clear that he understands that there were real problems at FOX News. "Rupert values all of the hard-working colleagues at Fox News, and will continue to address these matters to ensure Fox News maintains its commitment to having a work environment based on the values of trust and respect", she said.

Asked again for comment Sunday, the company directed CNNMoney to its earlier statement.

The alleged incident was said to have happened in 2015 and involved Francisco Cortes, the former vice president for Fox News Latino. "Fox News is grateful to Ms. Holder for her many contributions during her tenure at the network and wishes her continued success". Cortes was sacked, two sources told CNNMoney earlier this year. "I don't have a job in TV anymore because the place that he has secured down like Fort Knox allowed abusive predators to prey on women who just wanted to work", Holder told CNN on Sunday. "NBC is in deep trouble". "CBS, their stars", he said in the interview.

"I want to be very clear here". That was not flirting. - that was criminal. But she also said a clause in her settlement allowed her to break her silence if she was "disparaged or maligned".

"Under Rupert's leadership and with his total support, the company exited (Fox News CEO) Roger Ailes, compensated numerous women who were mistreated; trained virtually all of its employees; exited its biggest star; and hired a new head of HR".

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE