A 5-year-old girl was suddenly paralysed after a tick bite

Modesto Morganelli
Giugno 13, 2018

She was also struggling to speak, her mother Jessica Griffin noticed. "She has been such a champ throughout this whole ordeal!", wrote Griffin.

Staff at the University Medical Centre of MS discovered a tick embedded in the girl's scalp that had caused her temporary paralysis.

It is advised that the people should immediately seek medical assistance in case of a tick bite causing flu like condition or infection.

Tick paralysis is caused by female ticks on the verge of laying eggs.

While combing her daughter Kailin's hair, she noticed a tick on her scalp, Griffin told Mississippi News Now.

The post, which received over 107,000 reactions and 414,000 shares, was followed by a photo of Kailyn walking out of the hospital with "Get Well" balloons.

"We certainly think that climatic conditions are more permissive for ticks to move into a different area", said Lindsay. According to the Center for disease control United States of America, symptoms usually occur within 24 hours after removal of the tick As expected, the effect of the toxin has passed and the girl returned to normal after 12 hours.

Symptoms can take up to seven days to develop. Griffin removed the tick and took her daughter to the emergency room, where she was diagnosed with tick paralysis. Experts say you should grasp the tick as close to the victim's skin as possible in order to make sure you remove its head, else it will stay in the skin and the disease will progress. Some cases in livestock have been caused by the American dog tick, found east of Saskatchewan. Tick paralysis begins after a tick becomes attached to a person's head.

Several other diseases are associated with ticks, the most well-known include Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever. Maybe Kailyn was having a hard time waking up Wednesday morning, or perhaps her legs were asleep. Wearing protective clothing treated with insect repellent, particularly Permethrin, was shown to protect against tick bites. Girls often have longer hair than boys, which ticks can attach to and hide in, increasing the risk of tick paralysis, the report said.

After this incident, Jessica Griffin warned other parents about the danger and urged them to check their children for ticks.

"PLEASE for the love of god check your kids for ticks!" she wrote.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE