Thailand's Tham Luang cave to become museum to showcase boys' rescue

Remigio Civitarese
Luglio 12, 2018

A Thai government official says all 12 boys and their coach are doing well after their rescue from the Tham Luang cave.

"We will sing a song for him", she said.

None in the third group - four boys and their 25-year-old coach - suffered hypothermia, according to Thongchai.

"Of course he was extremely happy", Vaessen said.

Thai doctors said the boys each lost about 2 kilograms, or roughly 4.5 pounds, from the ordeal. "None of them show a level of stress that we should be concerned about". Some of their parents are seen crying and waving to them from behind glass. They will soon be able to meet them in person, but only while wearing protective clothing to reduce the risk of infection.

They were also seen sitting cheerfully in their hospital beds, where they are being kept in isolation until doctors are sure they did not pick up any nasty diseases during more than two weeks in the dark.

The first footage of the Thai boys in hospital has been released.

The nerve-shredding three-day mission ended on Tuesday with the final group of four boys and the coach emerging from the cave which had held them captive for 18 days.

France were the first team to reach the final when they defeated Belgium on Wednesday morning AEST.

Narongsak Osatanakorn is the official who oversaw the rescue operation.

"The world just needs to know that what was accomplished was a once in a lifetime rescue", Anderson told The Associated Press in an interview on Wednesday. Relatively mild weather and a massive effort to pump out water created a window of opportunity. The cave flooded unexpectedly and cut off the team for 10 days before even being discovered. Narongsak offered his "deepest condolences" to Dr Harris, whose father has died. He said, "The situation went beyond just being a rescue mission and became a symbol of unity among man".

"We will also collect all equipment used in this operation". "Without him, in this operation, I don't think we could have succeeded".

The boys were taken to hospital, where they are believed to be recovering from the treacherous journey.

"Wild Boars, keep fighting!" they chanted.

Each boy was accompanied underwater by two divers carrying their oxygen tanks for them, and guiding them through the murky tunnels.

The group will remain hospitalized for up to a week to ensure they are properly treated for all their health conditions.

The three-week ordeal started on June 23 when rising flood waters trapped the soccer team inside the cave with no way out.

A team of Dutch water specialists from Friesland travelled to Thailand to support the drainage efforts, while Elon Musk left a mini-submarine "made of rocket parts & named Wild Boar after [the] kids" soccer team'.

Just before 1pm United Kingdom time, it was announced that all 12 boys and their coach were safe.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE