Presenter Richard Bacon 'getting better' after being placed in induced coma

Brunilde Fioravanti
Luglio 16, 2018

The 42-year-old former "Blue Peter", "The Big Breakfast" and "Top of the Pops" presenter, who has been working in America in recent years, took ill on a flight to Britain from the USA last week and it's revealed he is suffering from pneumonia. After landing in the United Kingdom he was taken to hospital with suspected pneumonia.

Bacon's mother, Christine Bacon told the Mansfield Chad: "He was having a lot of oxygen ventilation.as well as lots of antibiotics".

"That went on until his temperature went down".

She added: "It was such a relief when he opened his eyes. There's a long way to go yet, but this is a very positive step and it has eased by mind".

He initially tweeted photos of himself being treated before the updates stopped. I'll be here a few days.

But his condition quickly worsened.

Richard Bacon tweet from hospital
Richard Bacon 'in induced coma' suffering from respiratory condition

The 42-year-old has been in a London hospital since last Thursday, when he arrived back from the US.

While doctors suspect the condition is pneumonia, they are still not certain.

"This is an extremely worrying time for everyone who loves him", a source close to Bacon told the newspaper. Doctors started treating the TV2 for pneumonia, but it soon became apparent that it wasn't working and his condition took a dramatic turn for the worse.

"As many people know, my son Richard Bacon has been in a medically induced coma in intensive care for a week but he's young, he's fit and the NHS have been brilliant, and I'm sure he'll come through this", she wrote. "That was a week ago and they are no closer to finding out what is wrong with him or how to help him".

Formerly a presenter for hit BBC show Blue Peter, Mr Bacon began posting on social media - including Twitter - when he first fell unwell.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE