Amsterdam Apple Store Evacuated After iPad 'Exploded'

Remigio Civitarese
Agosto 20, 2018

An overheated battery packed inside an Apple iPad tablet forced the evacuation of customers inside an Apple Store located in Amsterdam.

Three members of staff at the shop in Amsterdam had breathing problems and were treated at the scene, the city's fire service said in a tweet.

The iPad and its punctured battery were put in a container of sand after it exploded.

The store reopened after the fire brigade ventilated the store to remove the harmful gases and cynicism which entered Amsterdam's consumer holy of holies. We expect the Apple marketing team conducted an exorcism and chanted a few slogans to restore the atmosphere.

The iPad is said to have continued to emit vapours of some irritating substance, which affected three people there. Presumably due to a leaking battery pack.

As 9to5Mac noted, apparently unrelated issues with iPhone batteries have resulted in "thermal events" in both Switzerland and Spain this year, with the incident in Zurich resulting in one person suffering minor burns and six others receiving treatment for what was likely smoke inhalation.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE