Girl with food allergies dies after eating Pret baguette

Cornelia Mascio
Settembre 24, 2018

A millionaire toy tycoon is demanding answers after his daughter, 15, died of a severe allergic reaction to a Pret a Manger sandwich while on a flight from London to Nice.

Natasha's father, Nadim Ednan-Laperouse, said in a statement: "It's a daily battle and the pain is indescribable".

"She had a great sense of humour and was known for her contagious laughter - she could reduce a whole room to tears of laughter in minutes!"

She had bought an artichoke, olive and tapenade baguette at Heathrow Airport's Pret store and ate it before boarding the plane.

"As a family now of three, my wife, son and I are still trying to adjust to life without our beloved girl", they said in a statement. Everything we say and do is a reminder that she isn't with us; her empty bedroom, school uniform hanging in her wardrobe, her holiday bag packed for her holiday in Nice has never been unpacked.

The teenager collapsed on the British Airways flight and later died in hospital in Nice.

Natasha's father, Nadim Ednan-Laperouse, administered two EpiPen injections but she was declared dead hours later at a hospital in Nice. We will continue to do all that we can to assist the Coroner's inquest'. We can't bear to'.

Representatives from Pret a Manger and BA are expected to give evidence at the inquest, the family's lawyer has said.

Natasha was working towards her GCSEs, wanted to pursue a career in law and was an animal lover who enjoyed horse riding and also ice skating.

It included a week at a youth Christian Festival in Norfolk and a two-week family holiday in Greece, as well as the break to Nice with her best friend. It was going to be her best summer ever.

"Her closest friends still miss her every day and have found life very hard to adjust to without her".

A spokesman for Pret said: 'We were deeply saddened to hear about Natasha's tragic death, and our heartfelt thoughts are with her family and friends.

The Sunday Times reports that Pret was already improving the allergen information available to customers when it was made aware of the case by the coroner's office.

It pointed to signs on shelves and at tills informing customers that they should speak to a manager, who is trained to provide allergen advice.

"We take food allergies and how allergen information is provided extremely seriously".

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE