Ronaldo's lawyer blames a 'hacker' for rape 'fabrications'

Paola Ditto
Ottobre 11, 2018

Lawyers for Cristiano Ronaldo have confirmed the existence of a non-disclosure agreement with Kathryn Mayorga, who accuses the footballer of sexual assault, but says the allegations of rape are "completely fabricated".

It did confirm, however, that the Portugal star had reached a mutual non-disclosure agreement with Mayorga, reportedly $350,000, but rejected claims the American had been coerced into signing it by a group of "fixers." .

Mayorga had told German magazine Der Spiegel that she had met Ronaldo at a nightclub in Las Vegas before being invited to a hotel room later that night.

Mayorga's attorneys, Leslie Stovall and Larissa Drohobyczer, did not immediately respond to telephone, email and text messages.

A lawsuit filed September 27 in Nevada state court seeks to void the non-disclosure agreement that Mayorga's attorneys say she signed while accepting $375,000 to keep quiet.

"To be clear, Cristiano Ronaldo vehemently denies all the accusations in this civil action, in consistency with what he has done in the last nine years".

'Cristiano Ronaldo does not deny that he agreed to enter into an settlement, but the reasons that led him to do so are being distorted.

Christiansen also argues that the $350,000 settlement agreement should not be considered an admission of guilt.

Cristiano Ronaldo " s lawyer has dismissed rape allegations as "complete fabrications' and branded them as an attempt to destroy his reputation.

"To absolve any doubt, Mr. Ronaldo has always maintained, as he does today, that what occurred in 2009 in Las Vegas was consensual in nature", it said. By 2015, dozens of entities (including law firms) in different parts of Europe were attacked and their electronic data stolen by a cyber criminal.

In response to the question of whether Ms. C had ever raised her voice, screamed or called out, X answered according to the document: "She said no and stop several times".

"Unfortunately, it is now involved in the type of litigation that is very common in the United States".

The lawyer added: "Although Cristiano Ronaldo is accustomed to media attention, inherent in the fact that he is a famous person, it is absolutely deplorable that the media continue to propagate and stimulate an intentional defamation campaign based on stolen and easily manipulated digital documents". His office issued a statement to The Associated Press saying his role in the case does not permit him to publicly comment.

It declares documents cited in media reports about the athlete's encounter in 2009 were altered before being "irresponsibly published".

Der Spiegel said Mayorga, 34, filed a report with Las Vegas police shortly after the alleged incident.

"Mr Ronaldo will leave future discussions of any and all legal matters to his attorneys here and in Europe".

"He is confident that the truth will survive this frenzy and the laws of Nevada will be upheld and enforced".

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE