'It's sickening': Trump shocks with racist ad

Remigio Civitarese
Novembre 9, 2018

The clip goes on to include scenes of a migrant "caravan", warning: "Who else would Democrats let in?"

"Dangerous illegal criminals like cop-killer Luis Bracamontes don't care about our laws", the narrator says against footage of the caravan, which remains hundreds of miles from the southern border.

The widows of two police officers the Mexican immigrant murdered were invited to Trump's 2017 address to Congress.

Horton was a convicted murderer who committed rape and assault while on a weekend furlough program in 1987 in MA, which Mr Dukakis supported as the governor of MA.

"The President of the United States is working to shift the national conversation back to his base's most impassioned talking point ahead of the midterms ... immigration", Fox40 news reporter Pedro Rivera tweeted.

"Thirty years ago, George H.W. Bush released his infamous fearmongering, racist ad on Willie Horton", Eric Umansky, deputy managing editor of ProPublica, a U.S. non-profit newsroom, tweeted. As of Thursday afternoon, it had received 3.51 million views in less than 24 hours and was the "pinned" tweet atop Trump's profile, meaning it was the first thing any visitor to his Twitter page would see. Jeff Flake of Arizona, a frequent Trump critic.

The dark video stood in stark contrast to an ad circulated by the Trump campaign earlier in the week that highlighted rosy economic numbers and depicted gauzy scenes of American suburban life.

His Republican colleague Carlos Curbelo, seeking re-election in a Democratic-leaning south Florida district, said he had not seen the video but criticised Trump's use of it.

"I can tell you that it's definitely part of a divide-and-conquer strategy that a lot of politicians, including the president, have used successfully in the past", Curbelo said Thursday on CNN.

Trump has long promoted the alleged danger presented by those living in the country illegally, although statistics show they do not commit crimes at a higher rate than citizens.

Parscale said the new ad would start running nationally Friday night and the campaign had purchased $1.5 million in airtime to run it.

"This is distracting, divisive Donald at his worst", Perez said. Unlike the 1998 "Willie Horton" ad, which was financed and run by the National Security Political Action Committee (NSPAC) as supporters of the Bush campaign and not as a part of the official campaign, Mr Trump's Bracamontes ad bears the official endorsement of the leader of the Republican Party. Bracamontes also starred in a Trump ad released in January, titled "Complicit", in an effort to drum up support for the border wall. During his 2016 campaign, he frequently appeared with so-called "angel families" - those who lost loved ones at the hands of immigrants in the nation illegally.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE