Terror attack kills 3 in southeastern port city

Remigio Civitarese
Dicembre 6, 2018

A suicide vehicle bomber has attacked a police headquarters in the Iranian port city of Chabahar, killing at least three people and wounding several others, according to state TV.

Sistan-Baluchistan province, where the bombing hit, has always been a flashpoint, with a number of attacks reported in recent past.

The official IRNA news agency said it was a auto bombing. "Three people were killed and some others were injured", Chabahar's acting governor Rahmdel Bameria told state TV.

Chabahar city governor Rahmdel Bameri said earlier that four people were killed and many more wounded when the bomber blew up a vehicle, but later revised the death toll to two.

IRNA also cited unnamed sources as saying that sporadic shooting had followed the explosion.

In 2010, two suicide bombers killed at least 28 people, including some of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards, at a mosque in southeast Iran, an attack Iranian leaders said was backed by the United States.

Videos posted online by Iranian news agencies, purportedly from Chabahar, showed thick smoke rising in the area after the blast.

Iran also says that militant groups are sheltering across the border in Pakistan and has threatened to attack their bases if Islamabad does not confront them.

"Foreign-backed terrorists kill & wound innocents in Chabahar", Zarif said on Twitter on December 6.

Arab separatists and the militant Islamic State (IS) group both claimed the assault.

Chabahar lies some 100 kilometres (60 miles) west of the Pakistan border and is home to a large, mainly Sunni Muslim ethnic Baluchi community which straddles the two countries.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE