Redknapp pulls out of West End show's debut after fall

Brunilde Fioravanti
Gennaio 11, 2019

The former Strictly Come Dancing finalist was rushed to hospital following the accident, which left her with a broken wrist and deep cuts to her face.

Louise Redknapp has been forced to pull out of the new Dolly Parton musical 9 to 5 after a dramatic fall.

The star fell while on her way to rehearsals for 9 to 5, a West End show that Louise is due to star in. "It breaks my heart to say I am having to take some time out and won't be able to continue with my role in 9-5", she said.

Louise's publicist told MailOnline on Thursday night: 'She had a nasty fall on the way to rehearsals on Tuesday. Taking to Instagram to share a photo of her injuries on Friday, Louise said she was heartbroken to be missing the show.

A source told The Sun she had been advised not to return to work for at least two months.

Dolly Parton 9 to 5 is due to run at The Savoy Theatre from the 28th January to the 31st August 2019.

"She went to hospital and had stitches".

However, the tumble means doctors are now warning her she could miss the show altogether.

"She is obviously completely devastated because this is a dream role for her. It doesn't seem fair", they added.

'Everyone at 9 To 5 wishes Louise a speedy recovery and we look forward to welcoming her back'.

9 To 5 producers have also released a statement, highlighting that they hope to see Louise Redknapp back on stage later in the year.

"The recovery time recommended means Louise is no longer able to properly rehearse the show in the remaining time left before opening", the statement read.

Confirming Louise won't be better in time to make all of the shows, a rep for 9 To 5 said: "We hope Louise will start performances towards the end of March or early April".

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE