Collapsed Istanbul building: toll hits 21

Remigio Civitarese
Febbraio 11, 2019

The cause of Wednesday's tragedy is under investigation but officials have said the top three floors of the eight-story building in the Kartal district were built illegally.

President Erdogan also visited a hospital to talk to survivors, before attending the funeral of the nine members of one family who lost their lives in the disaster. "Twenty-one bodies were pulled out of the rubble including a person of central Asian origin", Soylu said late Saturday.

Initial studies revealed the use of poor construction materials in the building, Kurum said as he called on citizens in the neighbourhood to report similar risks to the authorities.

Speaking at a crisis center near the scene in the Kartal district, Suleyman Soylu said 14 people had been rescued from the rubble with injuries since the incident happened on Wednesday.

The death toll from the collapse of an apartment building in Istanbul has climbed to 14, a Turkish government minister said Friday. Five other members of the Alemdar family, including two children, remain hospitalized.

The Amir HH Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al Thani on sent a cable of condolences to Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on the deaths of several people in a building collapse in Istanbul, wishing the injured a speedy recovery.

Funeral prayers have been performed for nine members of a family who died in the building collapse in Istanbul.

Turkey's interior minister says the number of dead from the collapse of an eight-story apartment building in Istanbul has increased to 11.

Previosuly, the Minister of Health Fahrettin Koca stated that at least 17 people died due to the collapse.

Rescuers continued to search for any trapped in the wreckage.

Thirteen people remain hospitalized with seven of them in serious condition.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE