Huawei cancels MateBook laptop launch because of USA export ban

Remigio Civitarese
Giugno 13, 2019

In this respect, the ban has effective blocked Huawei's access to technology from Microsoft (its Windows operating system) and Intel (processors).

According to CNBC, a U.S. television network, Richard Yu, CEO of Huawei's Consumer division, said that the company had planned to launch a new product in its Matebook series without giving a date, but it had been put on hold. "We can not supply the PC", he said, calling the situation "unfortunate".

On Monday, we reported that Huawei's PC business might be the worst hit with the on-going United States ban following reports that the tech giant had ordered deliveries and development of new PCs be suspended.

It is the first time U.S. sanctions on Huawei have affected the release of a device made by the company. We contacted Huawei today, but a company spokesperson had no further information to share. He noted that, if Huawei remains on the blacklist for the foreseeable, the laptop will not be able to be launched.

Intel is also remaining quiet on the matter, though reports claim it recently joined ARM in barring Huawei from using its hardware. The Global Times also said its source "refuted reports that Huawei had halted laptop production due to the export control imposed by the Trump administration amid the escalating trade war".

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE