More than 100 undigested bubble tea balls found in girl's stomach

Remigio Civitarese
Giugno 13, 2019

Researchers believe drinking beverages that are too hot can lead to 'thermal injury, ' which, in turn, could increase the chances of developing esophageal cancer later on.

It may surprise you to know that bubble tea has actually been around since the 80s, when it was created in Taiwan.

No drink is as polarizing as bubble tea.

The 14-year-old had drunk a lot of the tea five days before being rushed to hospital, reports The Mirror. Chewy tapioca balls are often added to the cold, milky drink.

Inside her abdomen were over one hundred balls, which they soon worked out to be the tapioca or "boba" balls that give bubble tea its charm.

In China, a teenage girl was hospitalized after doctors found over 100 bubble tea balls trapped inside her stomach.

The girl had paid a visit to her doctor after five days of constipation and stomach aches, according to Asia One.

She was taken to the emergency department where, according to local media reports, CT scans revealed more than 100 "shadows" riddled throughout her digestive tract. But Louzhen said it would take more than just one cup of bubble tea to reach the point of hospitalization.

Doctor Zhang said: "She must be hiding the true number of pearl milk tea she had".

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE