Chargers’ Gordon could skip camp, demand trade without new contract

Paola Ditto
Июля 11, 2019

Given that as a running back this could be Gordon's one big multi-year extension, he doesn't want to risk losing that opportunity - if gets hurt without that safety net, it would likely affect any potential deal in 2020.

Chargers running back Melvin Gordon plans to hold out of to Los Angeles' training camp and demand a trade if he does not receive a new contract, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Chargers training camp is scheduled to open on July 24.

Gordon, who was the No. 15 overall pick of the 2015 National Football League draft, is entering the final year of his rookie contract, which calls for him to earn $5.6 million this season.

Gordon enjoyed a breakout season past year for the Chargers despite missing a quarter of a season with a knee sprain. Smith said Gordon had hoped to keep negotiations private, but had go the public route due to a lack of progress being made with the Chargers this off-season. We're going to see.

"We received an offer - talks had been dead - but we received an offer that wasn't a fair offer based on what Melvin has done, where he was drafted, and how he's performed, making two of the last four Pro Bowls", Bilbo added.

"I don't know, man. If it's going to happen, it'll happen", he said.

Gordon had 885 rushing yards on 175 carries for 10 touchdowns last season in 12 starts.

Gordon ranks fourth in total rushing yards since 2016 and his 28 rushing touchdowns during that stretch is tied for second among all running backs.

Altre relazioni

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE

ULTIME NOTIZIE

ALTRE NOTIZIE