New Orleans hotel collapse leaves one dead and three missing

Remigio Civitarese
Ottobre 12, 2019

One person died in a massive Hard Rock Hotel construction site collapse, three people are missing and 18 have been hospitalized Saturday, WDSUreports.

New Orleans Fire Department spokesperson Tim McConnell said the structure of the upper building remains very unstable.

"It's a very risky situation", Fire Superintendent Timothy McConnell said, adding that the building is "unstable", and another collapse is possible. The city's fire chief says at least 3 people are unaccounted for - all of whom are reportedly contractors who were working on-site.

Authorities said 18 people had been transported to the area hospitals. Their conditions were not immediately known.

Injuries were reported after the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino under construction in New Orleans partially collapses.

"It is unsupported and very unsafe", McConnell said.

Surrounding buildings, including condominiums, were being evacuated.

Construction workers look on after a large portion of a hotel under construction suddenly collapsed in New Orleans on Saturday, Oct. 12, 2019.

This photo provided by WWL-TV shows the scene after a large portion of the Hard Rock Hotel, which is under construction, suddenly collapsed October 12, 2019, in New Orleans.

It's unclear what caused the collapse.

An eyewitness captured the moment the building came crashing down, providing it to WWL-TV.

One person was pronounced dead at the site, a fire official said during a news conference.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE