Melbourne, Here's What You Can and Can't Do From Midnight Tonight

Remigio Civitarese
Ottobre 19, 2020

On Sunday, Premier Daniel Andrews relaxed Melbourne's restrictions with a social focus.

Mr Andrews was today seething about the arrivals, claiming the state had been forced into a travel bubble they did not want to be part of.

In a press conference today, Andrews said Victoria authorities had been alerted to the increased number of breaches by Australia's federal government.

"It now does and we will provide the best health advice because, despite the fact that we didn't want to be in the bubble, it seems like the bubble applies to every part of our country, not just those that said yes", he said.

"I can confirm that there are 65 people that have travelled from New Zealand and ultimately arrived in Victoria".

There were tearful reunions at Sydney International Airport last week as the first flights from New Zealand disembarked.

"We have just taken them through all the different rules that are in place just to update them, make sure that they know what is going on", Mr Andrews said.

Andrews said that 23 of the travellers had been tracked down, at 16 addresses.

Some have also travelled to Hobart and Perth, where they will be required to undergo 14 days in hotel quarantine.

The acting federal immigration minister Alan Tudge had previously blamed the state government for not restricting interstate travel, which allowed the New Zealanders to breach the established travel bubble.

Deputy Prime Minister Michael McCormack disagreed with Andrews, saying in an interview each of the Australian states were responsible for their own borders.

"Bottom line is, they are healthy New Zealanders", he said.

Mr Frydenberg said Victorian authorities had been made aware of the New Zealand arrivals.

Professor Sutton today clarified he was not present at the AHPPC meeting in the moments when the New Zealand travel bubble was discussed, even though he did attend part of the meeting.

"Whatever happened there, I can't change it".

Mr Andrews ripped into Federal Government over the mishap, which essentially led to the trans-Tasman bubble bursting.

The Victorian Premier says 55 New Zealanders have entered Victoria - not 17, as previously reported.

It is the sixth consecutive day cases have been in the single digits, and the fourth in a row they have been below five.

He said the stay-at-home rule could be lifted and other business restrictions eased on November 1 if community transmission of the virus remains under control. "They've got a responsibility in this respect and they should be taking it", he said.

New Zealanders arrive at Sydney airport last week.

"It beggars belief that once again, the Federal Government seeks to avoid responsibility in this manner".

Friday was the first day of "travel bubble" arrangements between Australia's New South Wales and New Zealand. Other Australian states are expected to sign up to the plan in the coming months.

People in Australia must stay at least 1.5 metres away from others.

Australians are now unable to travel to New Zealand under the same conditions.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE