California Governor Orders Los Angeles Bars to Close

Modesto Morganelli
Luglio 1, 2020

The county recorded 228 new coronavirus cases on Monday, bringing the overall numbers to 3,004.

Los Angeles bars have been ordered to shut down by Governor Gavin Newsom due to the "rising spread of of COVID-19". "That's why it is critical we take this step to limit the spread of the virus in the counties that are seeing the biggest increases".

Contra Costa Health Services announced Monday that it will postpone indefinitely its reopening timeline for businesses that had been slated to return on Wednesday, citing the need to better contain the COVID-19 pandemic amid recent upticks in local cases and hospitalizations.

Meanwhile, Newsom said the coronavirus is still circulating in California and it's even growing stronger in some parts of the state.

Sacramento County health officials announced that they will be updating the county's stay-at-home order to close all bars in the county starting at 6 p.m. Monday following a recommendation from the governor.

Fresno County has 4,474 confirmed cases, 72 deaths. Newsom has threatened to withhold state economic aid to counties that ignore the mandate or an earlier one ordering residents to wear masks in all indoor and outdoor public areas.

Additionally, health officials in the state have recommended at least eight other counties, including Sacramento to follow suit and close their bars until the number of cases starts to decline. A half-dozen county sheriffs have said they would not enforce the mask order.

The state ordered bars in Los Angeles, Fresno, Kern, San Joaquin, Tulare, Kings and Imperial counties to close immediately.

Kern County has 4,478 confirmed cases, 70 deaths.

Barbara Ferrer, the county public health officer, said this week that county hospitalizations have increased 27 percent over the past two weeks.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE