Justin Bieber Wins First Round in Defamation Suit Against Accusers

Brunilde Fioravanti
Luglio 19, 2020

According to NBC News, Bieber's legal team has now been granted a motion to subpoena Twitter to identify the people behind the accounts who made sexual assault allegations against him. The 26-year-old Canadian pop star has vehemently denied sexually assaulting two alleged fans who made accusations about him on Twitter last month.

Thus far, the defendants in the case have merely been described and named as Jane Doe 1 and 2. While NBC LA reports: "Spiegel told Green that the women can not be served until they are identified and that the subpoena placed on Twitter will help, but that it may take months to obtain the information from the social networking service".

Lawyer Evan N. Spiegel, working for Justin, told the American court: "We just want to uncover who is behind these two accounts and it may be the same person".

When Spiegel replied that Bieber is a recording artist well-known to certain demographics, the judge replied, "I gather demographics not 73 and over".

Justin - who is married to Hailey Bieber - launched legal action against them, and the singer's lawyers won the first round of legal proceedings on Friday. Last month, Bieber sued the two people who made accusations against him for Dollars 10 million each.

The other accuser stated that Bieber invited her to a hotel suite in New York City after the 2015 Met Gala before assaulting her. Bieber refuted that, saying, he "was actually at the Met Gala after-party with dozens of witnesses". Back in June, People reported that an anonymous Twitter user came forward with claims that she was sexually assaulted by Bieber in 2014. Bieber's lawyer claimed they didn't do their "due diligence" in "fabricating" these stories, especially since eyewitnesses and visual evidence proves otherwise. He is suing them for $10 million each.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE