New Qld virus case linked to three women

Cornelia Mascio
Agosto 2, 2020

The female, 27, is the other half of a Bellbird Park male, likewise 27, who evaluated positive for the infection the other day.

Police allege the trio all travelled to Victoria and deliberately provided misleading documents at the Queensland border.

The women are all now in quarantine and will appear in the Brisbane Magistrates Court on September 28.

Deputy Commissioner Steve Gollschewski said police now had high confidence they had all the information about where the three women had been since their return to Queensland.

'The way our borders operate can not prevent that.

Police on Thursday revealed 40 people have been caught lying to authorities while crossing the Queensland border.

Police Commissioner Katarina Carroll said on Thursday this criminal behaviour has put the community at risk.

On whether they should face potential jail time, she said "I think that the courts will hopefully look at this very, very seriously, as is the public".

"We are fairly comfortable that that's probably where he's got it but we will do contact tracing for him now as to who he might have come into contact with".

It is believed the couple are related to one of three women who contracted coronavirus after travelling to Melbourne and Sydney.

She suggested that additional suburbs in Brisbane's south might be termed as hot spots in case important neighborhood spread happened.

She said previously 24 hours, Queensland Health had administered 6866 coronavirus evaluations and anybody in Brisbane's southern metro area who had some issues had been invited to have tested at among their many congestion clinics in the area.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said this is "the best scenario we could have hoped for".

The three new cases are unrelated to Muranga and Lasu.

'The staff member was on site last week and then rang in sick and then that's when the trace program started, ' Mr Cully told The Courier Mail.

The women's actions have sparked fears of a second wave in Queensland, with a number of shopping centres, schools, restaurants and a church shut for deep cleaning.

As the World Health Organisation warned the effects of the coronavirus pandemic would be felt for decades, another 397 cases were reported in Victoria yesterday, with three people dying.

"We will continue to have the powers we have at our disposal, to try and get that information out so that we can absolutely focus on identifying where any risk might be for our community", he said.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE