Queensland virus case infectious on flight

Modesto Morganelli
Agosto 2, 2020

The teens are also facing criminal charges in Queensland for allegedly failing to declare their visit to Victoria and giving false information on state border declaration forms, The Australian reported. "We are trying to stop COVID-19 coming into Queensland".

"It was the right decision", he said. "The Queensland Health contact tracers are identifying close contacts from those flights".

Police say the 51-year-old declared she was visiting the state from Victoria for essential work, but officers claim this is not the case after speaking to her in Gympie at 11am on Saturday.

The Queensland Police Service has been asked whether random interceptions will ramp up at the border or have already increased, considering new coronavirus cases linked to women travelling home from Melbourne via Sydney who allegedly lied about their whereabouts.

Chief Health Officer said the global traveller had returned from the United States and the couple had not been required to self-isolate, but did so anyway.

"Well I can tell you now, the police on those border checkpoints are being eternally vigilant", he said.

They are now at the centre of the new COVID-19 cluster, along with another 21-year-old woman Haja Timbo.

Olivia Winnie Muranga and Diana Lasu both tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday night and Wednesday respectively, after returning to Queensland from a trip to Sydney and Melbourne nearly one week before.

Bunnings Chief Operating Officer Deb Poole confirmed this morning that the stores visited by the Bellbird Park man have been deep cleaned numerous times.

More than five million New South Wales residents can no longer enter Queensland after the state closed its border to travellers from Greater Sydney.

Speaking to ABC Radio Brisbane this morning, Health Minister Steven Miles said "It wouldn't be surprising if we had further cases" with the exact movements of three COVID-positive Queenslanders now unknown.

A 22-year-old sister of one of the girls - who did not travel to Melbourne or Sydney - also tested positive for the virus yesterday.

"Police are investigating an incident where it appears that two people have attempted to stow away in the back of a truck", Mr Miles said.

"We are implementing strengthened protection measures including all staff wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) and following strict designated areas of care (cohorting)", Mr Swain said.

Parts of Brisbane and southeast Queensland are on high alert today after Queensland Health last night revealed the movements of a man who tested positive earlier this week.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE