Victoria records 16 coronavirus deaths and 279 new cases overnight

Remigio Civitarese
Agosto 16, 2020

The outbreak has grown to 30 people and extended beyond Auckland for the first time.

The number of cases without a known source in Victoria has reached 3383.

"Not only was it harmful and unsafe, it was totally and utterly wrong". I want to say this again - it did not happen.

Ms Ardern said that there was only one cluster, and "nothing to suggest we need to move to a Level 4 lockdown".

Kiwis needed to think twice before sharing unverified information, he added, thanking journalists who had tested the claims by seeking an official response and refrained from reporting them once told they were untrue.

Daily case numbers are gradually decreasing, with the seven-day average down to 344 from 521 a week ago.

Director-General of Health Ashley Bloomfield said there were no new cases to report from managed isolation.

The company did not ship freight from Melbourne to New Zealand, he said.

'Clearly the restrictions we are adhering to are created to protect the community and any breach is unacceptable, ' he said.

Another 16 people have died from COVID-19 in Victoria as the state confirmed 279 more cases on Sunday.

And Hipkins told Kim Hill that in reviewing the lockdown next week, they will be looking at the spread of the virus outside of Auckland, cases without a clear link to the existing cluster, and finding a likely source of the cluster.

The one new case that remains under investigation is in addition to the one case yesterday that is being investigated.

The 1,600 cases resulted in 22 deaths.

A further 21,566 tests were conducted in the past 24 hours.

"The system is working at top speed and that should give us all confidence".

He said over the past 24 hours, rumours on social media had been taken to a "new and concerning level", including a claim that a woman in the current Covid cluster contracted the disease by sneaking into an isolation facility.

Mr Hipkins said the delay could also be attributed to "other elements in the process", including the reporting of the test results back to primary care as well as the patient.

Health Minister John Hipkins told a media briefing on Sunday that the government was working to ensure adequate supplies of masks, which are now recommended but not mandatory.

Bloomfield said the Ministry of Health had already given advice to the Electoral Commission earlier in the year about how to conduct an election under Level 2 restrictions, but would not play any other role in helping the Government to decide the election date.

Altre relazioniGrafFiotech

Discuti questo articolo

Segui i nostri GIORNALE